«Officially Supported» database updated is never ended

Discovered a bug? Post about it here!
Post Reply
flix031992
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 20:15

«Officially Supported» database updated is never ended

Post by flix031992 » 11 Jul 2018, 20:23

I downloaded the app and run it as Administrator, and also activated the administrator option in compatibility, but the app gets always stuck at the start up when the message «The Officially supported database is currently updating», but the progress bar never shows any progress and I could wait all day, but the app never starts.

I run it in Windows 10 64 Bits (Version 1709), I tried to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 8, 7, Vista and even XP, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks for the help.

User avatar
InsaneMatt
Site Admin
Posts: 53
Joined: 22 Jan 2018, 00:33

Re: «Officially Supported» database updated is never ended

Post by InsaneMatt » 13 Jul 2018, 18:26

Try downloading the database manually via this link.
Place the file you've just downloaded into your 'bin' sub-folder, overwriting any existing files.

Next, go to your Program Settings and confirm that "Use pre-compiled database updates" is selected (within General Settings -> Update Behaviour) to prevent this occuring next update.

flix031992
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 20:15

Re: «Officially Supported» database updated is never ended

Post by flix031992 » 13 Jul 2018, 23:12

InsaneMatt wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 18:26
Try downloading the database manually via this link.
Place the file you've just downloaded into your 'bin' sub-folder, overwriting any existing files.

Next, go to your Program Settings and confirm that "Use pre-compiled database updates" is selected (within General Settings -> Update Behaviour) to prevent this occuring next update.
I follow your instruction, but the app still freeze in the update message, so I try to edit the settings into the settings folder, I looked for an option with the name precompiled and write «true», then I write «false» in the option for checking for updates in start-up, the app finally runs, so I check the program settings and the precompiled options was marked already. The problem now is I can't get to see any installed game as compatible, when I click the «Make a backup» the app in red words says: Gamesave Manager was unable to find any supported game saves in your system. Perhaps there's a database update available. You could also create a Custom Game entry».
I have installed Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2, The Witcher 2, Hitman Absolution, Resident Evil 6 & 7, Cuphead and others...

I tried to use the option «Custom Game entry», but it shows me a error message with a big red X and says: «Custom Gamesave Entry is not writable. You do not appear to have the required permissions to modify / create the database». I don't know what to do.

I run it with administrative rights and even activate the option in the program settings, I also deactivate the UAC like is recommended in the Known Issues file.


Thanks for the reply and the help :)

****
I just watch the Bin folder again, and after running the program, the games.db that I downloaded through the link, it's deleted and none .db file replace it or it's create any new file by the app.

User avatar
InsaneMatt
Site Admin
Posts: 53
Joined: 22 Jan 2018, 00:33

Re: «Officially Supported» database updated is never ended

Post by InsaneMatt » 14 Jul 2018, 13:20

Where are you running GameSave Manager from? Does the path contain any "special" or non-latin characters? Examples as such are accented characters (á,é,í,ó,ú) and languages that don't base their alphabet on the latin A-Z (such as Mandarin, Aarabic, Russian, etc).

You may just have enabled the Readonly attribute on your files.
Undo this by right-clicking each file and selecting Properties. From there, be sure that the Readonly checkbox is unchecked and OK out of the dialog.

flix031992
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 20:15

Re: «Officially Supported» database updated is never ended

Post by flix031992 » 14 Jul 2018, 23:00

InsaneMatt wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 13:20
Where are you running GameSave Manager from? Does the path contain any "special" or non-latin characters? Examples as such are accented characters (á,é,í,ó,ú) and languages that don't base their alphabet on the latin A-Z (such as Mandarin, Aarabic, Russian, etc).

You may just have enabled the Readonly attribute on your files.
Undo this by right-clicking each file and selecting Properties. From there, be sure that the Readonly checkbox is unchecked and OK out of the dialog.
It was solved! Read-only attribbute wasn't activated, but my account name has an special character, «ñ» for my last name... I just copy the folder from the desktop folder to other hard disk partition and the program runs just fine and the database start to scanning. Thanks for the help once again :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest