27th April 2017
Latest Stable Version: v3.1 (Build 442)
GameSave Manager banner Click to Donate
 
 
It is currently Thu 27th Apr 2017, 6:07 AM

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed 03rd Aug 2016, 3:44 PM 
Offline

Joined: Sun 18th Nov 2012, 6:21 PM
Posts: 14
Just thought of a feature request. Had a virus take down my computer, had to mount my hard drive externally on another computer and pull my files. It would be awesome if GSM could search an external hard drive as if it were the c: drive, to retrieve save games off a dead PC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 02nd Sep 2016, 9:50 PM 
Offline

Joined: Fri 02nd Sep 2016, 9:47 PM
Posts: 1
GekzOverlord wrote:
pearce64 wrote:
Hope the summer minus the weather is going well. Just wondering were GSM is up to these days......


Quote:
Any discord users that would like to test out the latest Installer + backup and restore?
https://discord.gg/0yovTiis8B7ySGDt
Declare your interest in the discord general chat and someone will invite you to the guinea pig group.


It's getting there but Matt recently suffered from a flood.
Things are progressing but not at the speed people want it to be.



Jeeze. Matt does not live a charmed life, does he?

In any case, I've been living with GSM as a cornerstone of my Gaming Life for years, now. Good luck with trying to get everything sorted; I'm looking forward to the Shiny New Version, but tried and true 3.1 still seems to workhorse things fine for now.

In the meantime, thanks so much for your awesome tool.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 26th Oct 2016, 1:53 PM 
Offline
GSM Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sun 03rd Jan 2010, 10:04 PM
Posts: 2253
Location: England
As I've said countless times before, I'm hoping to get some sort of public Alpha / Beta of v4.x out by Christmas.
I'm not promising anything, but I am hopeful I'll manage to release... something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 20th Nov 2016, 1:51 AM 
Offline
Nightly / Debug Tester

Joined: Sun 04th Jul 2010, 1:45 PM
Posts: 232
InsaneMatt wrote:
As I've said countless times before, I'm hoping to get some sort of public Alpha / Beta of v4.x out by Christmas.
I'm not promising anything, but I am hopeful I'll manage to release... something.


it will be a nice xmas present if you do manage it.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 22nd Dec 2016, 1:11 AM 
Offline
Nightly / Debug Tester

Joined: Sun 04th Jul 2010, 1:45 PM
Posts: 232
pearce64 wrote:
InsaneMatt wrote:
As I've said countless times before, I'm hoping to get some sort of public Alpha / Beta of v4.x out by Christmas.
I'm not promising anything, but I am hopeful I'll manage to release... something.


it will be a nice xmas present if you do manage it.....



Any small present from santa this year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 22nd Dec 2016, 2:46 PM 
Offline
GSM Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sun 03rd Jan 2010, 10:04 PM
Posts: 2253
Location: England
pearce64 wrote:
Any small present from santa this year

Still hopeful it'll happen, need to finish off a large Database Update (very time consuming and boring task) first.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 27th Dec 2016, 5:51 PM 
Offline
Nightly / Debug Tester

Joined: Sun 04th Jul 2010, 1:45 PM
Posts: 232
Welcome surprise with a new build yesterday...Had a very quick look today.

GSM v4.0.054.0 [Prototype]
1. System Scanning is vastly improved - great.
2. Selecting multiple entries in backup process is much quicker, sometimes 3.x would seem to slow down with many games to backup.
3. Super Frog Entry - doesn't seem to be detected although present in 3.1.4420 (using seem DB version) 9.2016-24-12-01 - ignore this (I used a custom File Save in 3.x)
4. Have the sort entries been removed from this prototype?
Useful to have sort by modified date
5. Useful to have legend icons as used by 3.x
6. 'Will Test Connection' be added to the Custom Path Wizard....?
7. Can Custom Entries be uploaded?
8. When clicking on News Feeds I receive an error google chrome is unresponsive, but it is quite happily sitting in the background
9. Although I clicked `Run Validation Check` - I couldn't tell if the process had taken place. Either on screen or Log File
10. Upon attempting to restore a created backup i.e.
10.1 I chose a backup point, clicked next
10.2 I can selected/de-selected files with a GSM file but nothing happens when I click next again.
10.3 Useful to have a select all option here.....
11. `Return to Welcome Screen' isn't always clickable
12. Is there any difference in the notifications between `Acknowledge' and 'Hide'?
13. Clicking File Associations causes an error `failed to update file assocation GSM service not running and try again' I assume UAC development is still under way

I'll continue to play - looking forward to future builds. Intrigued to as what plugin Manager is for...

Cheers

Matt


Last edited by pearce64 on Fri 30th Dec 2016, 2:24 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 29th Dec 2016, 2:08 PM 
Offline
GSM Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sun 03rd Jan 2010, 10:04 PM
Posts: 2253
Location: England
pearce64 wrote:
1. System Scanning is vastly improved - great.

Indeed it is.

pearce64 wrote:
2. Selecting multiple entries in backup process is much quicker, sometimes 3.x would seem to slow down with many games to backup.

I find that displaying an entry with hundreds of files is still a little slow, but SELECTING everything is fast.

pearce64 wrote:
3. Super Frog Entry - doesn't seem to be detected although present in 3.1.4420 (using seem DB version) 9.2016-24-12-01 - ignore this (I used a custom File Save in 3.x)

Odd.
We'll have to look into this sometime.

pearce64 wrote:
4. Have the sort entries been removed from this prototype?

No, they're listed within Program Settings.

pearce64 wrote:
5. Useful to have legend icons as used by 3.x

Not sure if it'll be added, but who knows? Early days.

pearce64 wrote:
6. 'Will Test Connection' be added to the Custom Path Wizard....?

That's the plan, yes.

pearce64 wrote:
7. Can Custom Entries be uploaded?

You mean submitted? Not yet.

pearce64 wrote:
8. When clicking on News Feeds I receive an error google chrome is unresponsive, but it is quite happily sitting in the background

GameSave Manager doesn't interact with your browser directly, so it must be an issue browser-side.

pearce64 wrote:
9. Although I clicked `Run Validation Check` - I couldn't tell if the process had taken place. Either on screen or Log File

It's not yet implemented.

pearce64 wrote:
10. Upon attempting to restore a created backup i.e.
10.1 I chose a backup point, clicked next
10.2 I can selected/de-selected files with a GSM file but nothing happens when I click next again.
10.3 Useful to have a select all option here.....

The 'Next' button should be greyed out; it's a UI bug.
I'm planning on adding a Select / Deselect All option to that dialog. Eventually.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 02nd Feb 2017, 12:38 AM 
Offline
Nightly / Debug Tester

Joined: Sun 04th Jul 2010, 1:45 PM
Posts: 232
Could you give us a approve eta until next prototype release.....

eager to see next version....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 02nd Feb 2017, 2:40 PM 
Offline
GSM Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sun 03rd Jan 2010, 10:04 PM
Posts: 2253
Location: England
I'm currently working on the 'Game Spreader' (aka 'Steam Spreader') feature.
Once I iron out the bugs, a new release will be made; likely sometime February.

---
EDIT: I've ended up releasing a new version today (4th February); News Article


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
 
Our server is powered by
Prohost.be